Monday, August 16, 2010

This mom is ready for school to start

The time has come, it's true my friends
Summer is over, fun officially ends.
The tramp is "no fun" the sand box is "a bore"
Heaven forbid the kids do "one more chore"
They are so tired from play dates and having late nights
From sun up to sun down it's whining and fights.
We've gone to the park and swam at the pool
Slept over at cousins and broke every rule.
Their appetites are crazy, they eat non-stop
They've had so many popsicles, I think they might pop.
I've run out of ideas of what to play
Who to play with and how long to stay.
I'm so grateful it's only a little over a week
Til the school bell is ringing and their desk they will seek.
So teachers, it's time for you to do your part
'Cause this mom is ready for school to start.

No comments: