Baby Carter decided to come a little bit early to our family...very, very thankfully. He arrived Tuesday morning, August 16th at 11:40 am after 14 hours of labor. My epidural was beautiful, minus the six hours of numbness after giving birth. He weighed in at 8 lbs 6 ozs and was 20 inches long. Delivery was slick, two contractions and four pushes. His little cry was blissful and relieving and after counting ten fingers and ten toes, I relaxed a little and soaked in the extreme bliss of taking in a full breath of air. I could NOT wait for my other four little boys to meet their baby brother. It felt like forever before I got to see their little faces. All four of them were so excited and so instantly in love with their brother. It was so precious and priceless to watch them introduce themselves to their baby. Luke became the immediate protector - he jumped up on the bed with me and held the baby and would growl at anyone who wanted to take him away. It was adorable.
Josh brought us home from the hospital on Thursday. Kaylee, Josh and my mom surprised me with a newly refinished dining room table and reupholstered kitchen chairs. It looked BEAUTIFUL! They had stayed up until 2am that morning getting it done so I could see it when I got home. What a wonderful surprise.
We have been very blessed to have so much help with our kids over the past few days. Our families have really stepped up and helped us in so many ways. Our neighbors and ward members have showered us with the best food ever. Our fridge is so full I won't have to cook for another week. Bless them. It's so nice to just worry about bonding with our sweet little baby and not worry about what I need to make to feed the other five mouths in our family!
Josh has been amazing. He has taken over everything for me while I have been in recovery mode. He even took Tyler to his 5th grade registration (which by the way, absolutely broke my heart that I couldn't go to). He wrangled all four kids in sacrament meeting while I got to peacefully take a nap at home with Carter. He deep cleaned the basement, has kept the dishes under control and the house picked up. He makes sure the kids are tended to while he is working or away. And has even brought me a Dunford Donut just to make my life even sweeter. All the while running two businesses. The man is a maniac, and I can tell it's starting to wear him out a little. The man needs some sleep! But oh how very thankful I am to my wonderful and loving husband for stepping up and allowing me my much needed recoup time.
Here's my basketball team. Looking at their picture makes it a reality that there are now six boys in my household. Six wonderfully handsome, loving and adorable boys. How very, very thankful I am to have such a beautiful family. And even though it's a little overhwelming to think about the major responsibilities that fall on me as a mother of five boys, I can't help but be excited for all of the new adventures to come that we will take together as a family.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness...how cute! I can't wait to meet the little guy :) congrats you guys!
Yay! I loved this day. Baby Cah is the cutest little man ever, which fits in perfectly with the other handsome little men that are his brothers! He fits in perfectly!
Post a Comment